Friday, March 16, 2007

The Artist

As I was walking home, I looked up at the sky. I saw the Cosmic Artist was displaying his current work of art in gold and yellow with tinges of grey. How wonderful! I wondered whether motorists were seeing what I was seeing. I stopped for a moment and gazed in awe at the vast canvas in the sky. I was filled with joy and gratitude. I was reminded of a line from the poem, "Leisure."

What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
Thank you, dear Artist, for producing such a masterpiece. I'm so glad I stopped and stared.

Enocia

Related article: Life is Art

"LEISURE" by Wm. Henry Davies.

What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.

No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.

No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare. Source