Friday, March 23, 2007

DIY (Do It Yourself)

On the bus this morning I sat next to an elderly-looking gentleman. He said he was off to the local DIY shop to buy some glue for his table. He said he didn't see the point spending money for a new one when he can fix it.

"At least the journey takes me out of the house," he said. "What else do I have to do but to sit and watch television all day? It's not good for your mind."

"So what you're saying is you broke the table so you could give yourself something to do, right?" I said.

My friend and I had a good chuckle and he said I was probably right.

No wonder DIY is so appealing.

What else has man got to do for eternity but to dream up problems so he can dream up solutions? While man is busy dreaming up problems and solutions, Perfection is right where he is waiting to be experienced.

"Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream."

Enocia

Related articles: Making Everything Up; My Experiences and My Vision are One; God Doesn't Make Mistakes; On Boredom