Monday, March 26, 2007

Fetch! Sit! Good Dog!

In the films, Star Wars, there is an ongoing battle between the forces of light (Jedi) over the dark(Sith). Both sides are working with the Force to achieve their goal. What is the Force?

"The Force is a binding, metaphysical and ubiquitous power that is the object of the Jedi and Sith monastic orders."
The Force is what people consider to be God or all that is Good.

In the Star Wars films, both orders have their own ideas about what the Force is and how It should be used:

Orthodox Jedi code

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no chaos; there is harmony.
There is no death; there is the force.

**************

Sith code

Peace is a lie; there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
For a while the dark side/Sith prevails only to be defeated by the light/Jedi...then the dark prevails...and so the victory/defeat cycle continues.

The Star Wars battle for supremacy is symbolic of the human experience. Like the Jedi and Sith, people have made up many philosophical, religious and spiritual beliefs about what the Force/God is. I believe the reason why there is no lasting peace is because the Force doesn't take sides. Put another way, the Force is on everyone's side. How can you ask the Force to defeat your enemy when the Force is in your enemy?

Instead of blindly following what others believe to be true and right, I prefer to live by my own codes as regards the Force.

There is only one Force and this Force interpenetrates all time and all space.
The Force is not affected by any beliefs about good and evil; if It was it wouldn't be perfect.
All things/realities are possible with the Force.
The Force doesn't judge.
I am the Force.

Now the relationship I have with the Force is rather like a dog and his trainer. Sometimes I feel like I am the dog being trained, while other times I feel like I am the dog trainer. I guess the dog and the trainer are one.

So my mother asked me to buy some black-eyed beans at the supermarket. While I was in town, I popped into the local supermarket. As I wasn't familiar with the shop layout I pretended I was the dog trainer. I asked the "dog" within me to fetch the beans. I felt a force taking over my legs. I relaxed and let the dog walk me round the aisle while I paid attention to the signs. I ended up in front of some food products but I couldn't find the beans. I walked down the next aisle and the next and couldn't find any. I decided to ask a shop assistant close by where I could find some. At first he didn't know what I was looking for. He thought I meant beans in a can. I asked him to show me where I could find chickpeas, as I had a feeling black-eyed beans was in the same area. He took me to the section and pointed me to the chickpeas. Just next door to them was what I was looking for.

Funnily enough, it was the same aisle the "dog" had been sniffing earlier. I wonder why I couldn't see them at the time? Oh well, at least the dog found someone else to show me.

Note that the Force did not judge why I wanted the beans It simply led me to the product. Even when I couldn't find the beans, the Force brought the beans to me in another way.

Imagine what the world will be like when we are all attuned to the Force knowing full well that the Force doesn't have any judgments? Imagine experiencing life as the Force! Just imagine!

I am the dog.
I am the dog trainer.

"May the Force be with you!"

Enocia

Related articles: Pay Attention to the Moment; Making Everything Up; Dominion; You Do It!; Awakening; Creative Intelligence is Everywhere; Light is All and in All; Perceptions; The Law of Love; My Personal Creed; The Personal and Impersonal Nature of God