Monday, March 19, 2007

Heaven is Living from the Inside Out

As I see it, experiencing heaven on earth has nothing to do with how much money I have in the bank or how much stuff I have accumulated, but it's about being my true self, living from the inside. That doesn't mean I shut myself away from the world, I simply experience the world from inner silence.

While I'm experiencing life from the inside out, I have no desire to change the world nor do I have any interest in jumping on some political bandwagon or any bandwagon for that matter. I have no desire to save anyone either. All I'm interested in is living as my true self in heaven; and then how I experience the world/universe is heavenly.

On Saturday morning I went to the library to use the Internet for a few hours but all the computers were already occupied. There were even people waiting to go on. The waiting time was about half an hour. I figured it was a perfect opportunity to be in silence. From inner silence, I put out an intention that when I was allocated a computer that I would have it for however long I wanted it without any breaks in between. I was finally allocated a computer for an hour. After my hour was up and I went to extend the time on the computer, the librarian told me my favourite computer in the far corner was now available. The librarians call this part of the library "EJ's office." I swapped computers and worked on that computer for several hours without interruption. The interesting thing was the library was suspiciously quiet. Even kids who like to use the Internet on Saturdays weren't around. One of the librarians looked bored because it was so quiet. Well, I only put out an intention to have a computer available for the rest of the day, I didn't intend for the library to be empty. Hehehe.

As I was walking into town later, I recalled a post I'd read in a forum that made me chuckle. Several people I came across grinned at me; they were obviously picking up on my joy.

Yesterday, as I was walking to the local library, I hummed the song "Perfect Day" by Lou Reed. At the library I picked up a Mills & Boon book. When I was a teenager, I used to love reading romantic novels. Mills & Boons were my favourites. Ever so often I like browsing through Mills & Boons novels. As I don't have the patience or inclination to sit through a whole book I tend to read the first few chapters, the raunchy bits, and the last chapter. The heroine in the book I picked up worked as a wedding planner and the name of her company was "A Perfect Day." Brilliant!

Last night I watched television with my mother. There was a drama on which neither of us was interested in so she flicked through the many channels and rested on a documentary about terror attacks in London. I wasn't interested in watching this programme but I didn't want to deprive my mother if that's what she wanted to watch. I decided to entertain myself by closing my eyes and basking in silence. After a few seconds I opened my eyes. Mum instantly changed the channel to a documentary about pygmy elephants in Borneo. The elephants were a joy to watch.

Earlier today I went to do some shopping for my mother. While I was waiting for the bus home there seemed to be a long delay. Oh well, whatever it is, everything's perfect. My bus finally arrived. When I got off at the last stop another bus pulled up and a young man got out. He's someone who lives in the neighbourhood that I say hello to, but I haven't seen him in ages. He's been threatening to take me out, but I'm not really interested in him in that way. He was so happy to see me. He told me he's moved to another area.

After giving me a big hug and a kiss he said, "When are we going to link up, Enocia?"
"We're linking up now," I said.
"Yeah, I know but when are we going to meet up so I can show you where I live?"
"Maybe, next time I see you," I said, knowing full well it's never going to happen.

Hmmm, so that's why my bus was delayed so I could link up with an old friend.

Heaven, for me, is being my true self. When I am living from the inside, the outside reflects what I am being.

Enocia

Related articles: Every Day is My Day!; On Earth as in Heaven ; Such a Perfect Day; My Function and My Body are One; Be the Love You Wish to Experience; Sealing the Door