Saturday, March 24, 2007

Pay Attention to the Moment

I've been watching American Idol, the music contest. As the programme and results are shown on Friday evenings in the UK, I like to check the "American Idol" website on Friday to get the results in advance before watching the show on Friday evening, when it's shown in the UK.

Another reason why I like knowing who has been voted out in advance is because I like the power it gives me over my mother. While we are watching the show, I can say to her "I know who got voted out and you don't, so there." Hehehe.

Yesterday I forgot to check who had been voted out. By the time I remembered I was on the bus home and I didn't have access to the Internet. I recalled a friend's recent blog called Of Memory & Life, when he addresses memory. He wrote:

If I need to know something that my memory has forgotten, the universe contrives to give it to me again. Often in another form or in another way. I know that I don’t need to fret about forgetting insights like these because I know that they will be given to me again another time.
My comment was:

The way I work with insights is I retrace my steps. What was I thinking before? And then...and then...

If I still can't recall, I do tend to trust in the truth of Being as I see it.

First, all that I am seeking I am, therefore, I am Wisdom.

Because Wisdom is omnipresent, everything I need to know exists in every moment. All I need to do is pay attention to the moment and bingo, it appears.
Great, time to test out what I know to be true.

So, even though I don't consciously know who has been voted out on the show, the answer is right where I am. I simply need to pay attention to what I am being.

What am I being?

I am reading a newspaper. OK, I want to know who got voted out of the "American Idol" show. The first thing that came to my attention was the number 3. Aha, this must mean that the 3rd performer got voted out.

By the time I got to watch the show I only saw the last three performers. At the end of the show, they did a recap of the performances. As soon as they got to the third performer, Stephanie, I knew she was the one who was voted out; and she was.

Answers are everywhere present; I simply have to pay attention to what I am being.

Enocia

Related article: Going Nowhere Fast; Answers are Everywhere Present