Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Presence - Where the Sun is Always Shining

Just as light emanates from all corners of a television studio, so is God's Light everywhere present, right here and now. There is, therefore, nothing to fear. Only when you forget Light's omnipresence do you believe some places are safe, while some are unsafe; or that there are times when you feel fearful and other times when you don't. God/Light/Love is in all time and in all space.

The universe is the largest studio ever that is full of Light. It is the Light of God that animates me. Without the Light I am an ordinary actor trying to make it big in Dulliwood and failing miserably. The Studio
In the romantic sense, I've been in love a few times.

In one relationship, I knew from the first time I laid eyes on him. There was something about him, a presence, a knowing. When I finally got the opportunity to gaze into his eyes I knew he was the One; at least the One for that moment. I knew I loved him forever.

When I was in love everything about my beloved was perfect to me. I loved his voice, his smile, his laughter, his body, his smell, his ideas, everything about him. That feeling of being in love was like my idea of a perfect day where the sun is always shining and the temperature is around 25 degrees Celsius.

After a few weeks, the feeling of love started to wear off. What I used to love about him started getting on my nerves. Now I couldn't stand the way he laughed. We'd have a row and I would question why I was with him. I would remind myself of the love I felt for him. We would make up and be all loved up again until he got on my nerves. The love-hate cycle continued until one of us decided that it wasn't working and maybe we're not right for one another. In other words, he wasn't the One after all.

I believe the love I was seeking in my relationship was the Presence. What is the Presence? The Presence is all good feelings of love, happiness, kindness, joy, peace, harmony, laughter, good intentions rolled into one. It's like experiencing the love of everyone in the universe, supporting and accepting you no matter what you believe. The Presence is constantly reminding everyone of its presence, however, most people are too busy focusing on survival issues to pay the Presence much attention.

On the bendy bus home yesterday evening, I sat behind the driver. This seat has a screen in front where you can see your own reflection, which I tried not to stare at. At one point I noticed my reflection had come to life and was speaking to me. Actually it was the Presence animating my reflection. It was as if my reflection was the sun shining its rays on me like lights in a television studio. In fact, the whole bus was filled with the Presence. Everywhere I looked there was light. Even as I am typing this piece I'm aware of the Light radiating from the computer screen and all around me.

I find sometimes the love is so intense that I feel like doing "crazy" things, at least to the untrained observer. For instance, on the bus this morning, I felt the Light exuding from the passenger in front of me. I felt so much love I felt like kissing the back of his neck. I resisted that urge.

The Presence can make relationships with the opposite sex problematic. When I meet someone new he feels the love and interprets it as sexual attraction, when he's actually feeling the Presence. I find I have to back off.

I think I'm having an aha moment. I reckon the pop group, A-ha was so right when they sang: "The sun always shines on TV." The sun always shines on TV, radio, computers, the Internet, the buses, people, buildings, things, nature, animals, the moon, the stars, everywhere.

The Presence is everywhere present.

Enocia

The Sun Always Shines on TV
Aha

Touch me
How can it be
Believe me
The sun always shines on T.V
Hold me
Close to your heart
Touch me
And give all your love to me
To me...

I Reached inside myself
And found nothing there
To ease the pressure of
My ever worrying mind
All my powers waste away
I fear the crazed and lonely looks
The mirror's sending me
These Days
Please don't ask me to defend
The shamefull lowlands
Of the way I'm drifting
Gloomily through time

I reached inside myself today
Thinking there's got to be some way
To keep my troubles distant

Touch me
How can it be
Believe me
The sun always shines on TV
Hold me
Close to your heart
Touch me
And give all your love to me Lyrics
Related articles: Life as I Know It; The Intention to Love and Be Love; The Studio; To My Beloved; Support; Being the Source; Aha! I See the Light

See YouTube video: A-ha - The Sun Always Shines on TV