Sunday, April 29, 2007

Compassion

While the bus I was on was waiting for passengers to get on board, I noticed a man outside walking his dog friend. The dog was sniffing around as dogs do and stopped to stick his head through a fence made of vertical bars, similar to ones most parks have. The dog's head got stuck in the bars. It was hilarious. When his human friend realised what had happened, he yanked him out and they continued on their walk.

The dog's experience reminded me of my many misadventures. Like the dog, I'm allowed to sniff around and explore life and when I've got into a situation I've been yanked out of it without judgement.

That, for me, is compassion.

Enocia

Related articles: Sharing the Dream; Stay! Good Dog!; Fetch! Sit! Good Dog!; Nothing But a Hound Dog; Lifelines; Come, Let Me Kiss You Better!; Dear God, What is Your Will For Me?