Thursday, April 05, 2007

A Real Hoot!

When the phone rang I picked it up. It was my mother's friend. I told mum who was on the line.

On the way to answer the phone she said, "That's funny, I was just thinking about her!"
"Well, as they say, pathetic minds think alike." I said.
"Yes," she said.

I burst out laughing.

Mum wondered why I was laughing then she repeated what I'd just said "pathetic minds think alike" and then realised what she had agreed to.

The expression on her face was priceless.

Oh well, that's one way to find out whether she is paying attention to what I'm saying or not.

This morning she received a parcel.

She said she hadn't ordered it. The company had called her with special offers and wondered whether she was interested. She said she was interested in the paper shredder but was going to give it some thought and get back to them. The company put forward the order anyway.

"How dare they send me the order when I didn't agree to it?" she said. "I'm going to send it right back."
"Maybe, they thought you needed it."
"Well, I don't."

I chuckled to myself. After a few moments I heard mum saying, "I think I'll keep it."
"That's what you get for giving so much thought to your order, you end up receiving the product in form. Good one, mum!"

My mother can be a real hoot sometimes.

Enocia

Related articles: Priceless!; The Truth About Mind Control