Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Attachment

As I was walking to the traffic light I saw the bus I wanted approaching the bus stop. I didn't want to miss it. It seemed to take ages for the traffic light to change and when it did and I crossed over the road, the bus I wanted had moved off. Maybe I could catch the one behind and try and get the one in front and some point. The one behind had closed its doors. I caught the third one.

I wanted the bus I was on to overtake the one in front so we would be right behind the one I wanted and eventually overtake it. Then I thought to myself, what does it matter anyway? Whether I catch that one in front or wait for the next one, I will still get to my destination. Besides, forcing things to change only creates tension within me so I relaxed and let things happen.

The bus I was on soon overtook the one in front and wasn't that far behind from the one I wanted. Then we got caught in traffic which meant the one in front shot off. I had an idea to get off at a bus stop and catch any of 3 buses that went a particular route. I would then change further down to another bus that would take me where I wanted to go, which is what I did.

Missing that bus was reminding me that when I am attached to only one way of experiencing the world, I am not open to the many options I have available.

Thank you bus!

Enocia

Related articles: The Great Pretender; The One Constant; Why am I?; What is Wealth?; How To Avoid Blocks