Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Great Pretender

Life is a long game of let's pretend.

My mother woke up the other day with a headache. She said she had it all night. So I pretended to remove the headache for her, though I didn't tell her I was doing it. When I asked her a few minutes later she said she was feeling a lot better.

Recently I noticed several cars had been broken into and had been stripped almost bare. I felt sorry for the owners. After a few days and the cars had not been removed, I pretended I was removing the cars. In my mind's eye I lifted the cars away and put them in the Consuming Fire of Love to be transmuted. The next day I noticed the cars had been removed.

I was just saying to a friend via email that I fancy pretending I'm a performance poet. If there is an "open mic" performance this evening at my favourite bookshop, I'm going to perform. Should be a lot of fun.

Right now I'm pretending I'm not already one with everyone and posting these ideas on the Web. Yeah right!

The bottom line is when I make a choice to experience something, I'm pretending. In truth, as Light, I am in all realities but I'm just pretending I like some things over others. Still, it's fun to pretend.

I am the Great Pretender.

Enocia

Related articles: Preference; Acting is Being; The Game of Let's Pretend; Illusion