Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Identity

In truth there is only one Infinite Self. Some of the attributes of Infinite Self include: Acceptance, Beauty, Boundlessness, Brilliance, Creativity, Freedom, Goodness, Inspiration, Intelligence, Joy, Life, Light, Love, Magic, Order, Peace, Perfection, Power, Presence, Purity, Radiance, Simplicity, Wholeness, Wisdom and Wonder.

Beliefs of right and wrong make no difference to Self. Why? Because nothing can be added to or taken away from perfection.

The problem is that in the human dream, there is the belief that what you do now has an impact on the next moment. For instance, if I walk 10 miles I am meant to get tired because of loss of energy. On the other hand, as Infinite Self, it doesn't matter if I walk 10, 20, 50, or 100 miles, I'll still feel energised because I cannot make a dent on infinity.

It appears as if the human experience is in direct opposition to the Infinite Self. Surely one can't experience both at the same time?

No, you have to choose which is your true identity. When you identify yourself as "only human" you receive all the "benefits" that come with that identity. However, when you identify yourself as Spirit or Infinite Self, then you end up experiencing life as Infinite Self.

OK, so I identify myself as Spirit, now what?

Now you are Spirit, what about the next now?

Surely once I've identified myself as Spirit this means for all time?

If it was that simple we'd all be living as Spirit. Identifying yourself as Spirit is one thing, accepting it is another. When you're constantly being bombarded with beliefs about suffering, lack, old age, sickness and death, you have to be vigilant.

So, what you're saying is I have to be constantly making a commitment to identify myself as Spirit.

That's right. You have to remind yourself of your identity as Spirit or Infinite Self.

I see.

And another thing, once you accept that your identify is Infinite Self you'll realise that it is You as the Infinite Self dreaming the wonder that is life.

I am Infinite Self.

Enocia

Related articles: Staying Joined in Love; Universal Dreamers; The Dream of Losing and Finding; Commitment; Of Spirit and Claiming Your Spirit Passport; Light is All and in All; The Personal versus the Universal Approach; Being Full of Self; Infinite Self; My Vision; Water Off a Duck's Back; What is Infinity?; Just Say Now; Without a Cause; Nothing Can Be Added To or Taken Away From Perfection