Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Intercession

A while back I met this woman on our local bus. While we were getting off I offered to carry her bags of shopping all the way to her house as she lived in our neighbourhood. I asked her how she liked the area. She said she's been living there for over 30 years. She said people used to very friendly but now things have changed. She felt there were very few nice people around and she was surprised I had taken the time out to help her with her shopping. Ever since then, she always stops when she sees me to say hello and ask how my mother is doing.

As I was walking home yesterday evening I saw my friend approaching. I smiled at her and asked how she was. She seemed distressed and burst into tears. She told me about the problems she's been having with her neighbours who have been making her life hell. She said she's so scared to get out of her house because she feels intimidated. She said even her kids are scared to go out. She's reported the matter to the police but they haven't helped. She said no one cared about her situation and she didn't know what else to do.

All I could do was hug her and listen as she wept. Then her bus arrived and she thanked me for listening and I let her go. I told her I would keep her in my prayers.

I believe my friend was sent to me for one purpose only - intercession.

What do I mean by intercession?

Intercession is generally regarded as praying on behalf of someone. I like to see intercession as holding the perfect idea of someone on their behalf. In the case of my friend, my role as intercessor is to see my friend and her neighbours, in fact everyone in the neighbourhood, as who they truly are - Love-Light.

My neighbourhood is Love-Light.
My neighbours are Love-Light.
My friend is Love-Light.
All is Love-Light.

I trust in Love-Light to sort out the details.

Enocia

Related articles: Translation; Friendship; Come, Let Me Kiss You Better!; Love Heals, Love Restores; Neighbours; Immaculate Concept - Re-Writing My Life Story