Saturday, May 12, 2007

It's All Done and Dusted

done and dusted (BrE, informal) completely finished: That’s my article for the magazine done and dusted. Oxford dictionary
During my bus journey home I had a vision.

I saw myself and all life forms from every time and reality standing on this huge stage taking a bow. We were all applauding and congratulating ourselves for a job well done.

I was reminded of my time at university. Each time we were given essay titles and the deadline to hand in the essay, I would immediately have a vision of myself handing in the essay. In my mind it was already done and dusted. The problem was I was so confident I had a lot of time that I would do nothing for weeks until a few days before the deadline when I would start to panic about the essay. The classic example was when it came to writing my 10,000 words dissertation. I had done some reading and knew what I wanted to write about, however, the "leaving things till the last minute" habit I had prevented me from getting started until two days before the deadline. I was so stressed I had a stomach upset. I was still printing the pages around 4.30 and the deadline was 5 pm at another campus. I didn't even have time to check for grammar, which I knew I was going to be penalised for. I had to catch a taxi to get to the campus on time. I handed in my essay at 4.55 pm. At least I did get it done.

The vision I always had of myself handing in my essays was a gift, but I didn't know how to use that gift at the time. I now realise that I should have simply let the vision of myself with the "done and dusted essay" write the essay. Then I wouldn't have had to go through that unnecessary stress. Who knows I could have ended up with a First Class Honours degree. Damn it!

I believe the vision I had while travelling on the bus represents life, the many roles we are all playing, which has already happened. Even if I live for billions of years as a human, it's already done and dusted.

At least now I know how to use this vision. Instead of trying to resolve issues all I have to do is simply remember the Me standing on the stage and let Her do the work.

It's all done and dusted. I am where I need to be.

Take a bow! Applause!

Enocia

Related articles: Playing It Stupid; The Life DVD; Trust in Love to Sort out the Details; My Vision