Thursday, May 10, 2007

Joy to the Nth Degree

Ever had one of those moments when you're laughing so hard you can't take any more joy?

As I was queuing up in the library I heard whistling behind me. I turned round and saw a young man I've never met before.

"Oh, it's you," I said. "For a moment I thought you were a bird."

My friend chuckled but I wasn't finished with him yet.

"I was thinking these birds are really clever these days coming to the library," I continued.

"A bird in the library?" My friend howled with laughter, "that's a good one."

"Yes, this bird is so clever the scientists want to interview him," I said. "They can't believe a bird knows how to use the Internet."

"Enough," my friend said holding his stomach, "I can't take any more of your bird story."

That's Joy for you, it just doesn't know when to shut up!

Enocia

Related articles: Walking Joy; Canned Laughter; Priceless!; Comeback of the Day; Quip of the Day; Joy Lifts Me Up