Wednesday, May 02, 2007

My Whistlestop Tour of London

If you've ever heard of places in London and wondered what they actually look like, this is my whistlestop tour. Are you ready? OK, here goes.

Buckingham Palace is the official residence of the Queen. I haven't been inside but I've stood outside it.

Covent Garden Apple Market is a nice place to visit if you're looking to pick up a good bargain or two. Eliza Doolittle, the character from the film, My Fair Lady, worked as a flower girl in Covent Garden market before her life was transformed when she met Professor Higgins.

Covent Garden Piazza attracts street performers that keep one entertained.

Leicester Square, pronounced "Lester", is always crowded. The Square has several cinemas, if you're into films. I've been to all of them. These days I tend to chill out in the garden in the middle of the square.

Millennium Bridge, a steel suspension bridge crossing the River Thames, was built at the end of last century. I use this bridge when I visit Tate Modern, which is another place I like to hang out.

Piccadilly Circus is full of tourists; I tend to avoid it like the plague. :)

St James's Park is a nice place I like to relax in and watch the world go by. The article Being Adorable is based on a visit to this park.

Trafalgar Square attracts many tourists and pigeons. I only go there when they have festivals like the ones I wrote about in Diwali - Festival of Lights and Peace Be With You.

View of the River Thames - I love the Thames. I've taken a few boat trips down it and I love just sitting by the river and enjoying the view.

There are so many more wonderful places in London to experience. Perhaps, when you have time, you can take a real tour at your leisure.

I love London!

Enocia

Related articles: Sharing the Dream; I Love London