Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Walking on Sunshine

I once had a dream that almost came true. Well it did come true but not in the way I expected.

The dream I had was I wanted to work as a nurse in the British Army. I applied and went through various medical and aptitude tests, which I passed. The final hurdle was attending the interview at Aldershot selection centre.

While I was at Aldershot I experienced what it would be like living in army barracks and having to wake up at a particular time. While I was waiting to be called up for my interview, I was in the restaurant with some of the girls. I heard the song "Walking on Sunshine" being played on the juke box, which I happened to love at the time. When the song finished I put some money in the juke box so I could listen to it again. I kept humming it and it made me feel good.

Finally, it was my turn to attend the interview. I was told I wasn't suitable. At the time I was devastated because I believed I was born to serve in the British Army.

So while I never joined the Army, at least I was reminded what my true purpose is - walking on sunshine.

Here's the song Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves. I LOVE this song.

I feel the love, I feel the love, I feel the love thats really real
I feel the love, I feel the love, I feel the love thats really real

I'm on sunshine baby oh
I'm on sunshine baby oh

I'm walking on sunshine wooah
I'm walking on sunshine wooah
I'm walking on sunshine wooah

And don't it feel good!! Lyrics
The Love sure feels good! Thank you Katrina and the Waves!

Enocia

Related article: Walking with Love