Saturday, June 23, 2007

There is Only One Lucid Dreamer - Part 2

On a bus trip yesterday a group of teenagers came on board. They were obviously out on the razzle giving that it was Friday night and no school the next day. They were very rowdy and teasing another girl for not having the "right" kind of hairstyle.

The truth of the matter is that though what I was experiencing seemed to be happening outside me, I knew that wasn't the case at all. It was all happening within me. The bus journey is one of my many dreams. Since I'm dreaming this dream I can dream something that represents who I am: love and peace. While my dream didn't change the girl's behaviour, it felt like water off a duck's back. I was in perfect peace throughout the journey.

As I was walking to the bus stop this morning, I saw a young woman running across the road and pulling her suitcase behind her. She looked distressed. She was screaming and shouting. As I drew closer I saw her speaking to two bystanders. She said her boyfriend had just beat her up and chucked her out and he had kept her hand bag. Up the road I saw a man, the boyfriend, clutching a plastic bag. As I approached him, I heard him saying to a few bystanders that his girlfriend was lying. He said the bag he was carrying belonged to him. One bystander asked him to open up the plastic bag so he could see whether the woman's hand bag was in it but he refused. He said that he would only open it if the police asked him to. He said they were welcome to phone the police.

I didn't feel there was anything I could do about the couple's row. I knew the bystanders would call the police if the need arises. The only thing I could do was acknowledge that Love is all there is. Love is embracing everyone, feuding couple and bystanders, with love. Then I went to catch my bus.

Love is the lucid dreamer.
I am Love.

Enocia

Related articles: Losing Myself; Consideration; Dominion; There is Only One Lucid Dreamer