Thursday, June 07, 2007

What is Perfection?

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same If, Rudyard Kipling
While I was on the bus, I noticed my next bus was approaching the traffic light from a side street. I hoped the light would change to red and delay it so I would have enough time to catch it at the next stop. The light turned green and the bus sped off. No problem. As the bus I was in was right behind, I figured that when I got off I would be able to make a dash for it and catch the bus. When I got off the other bus had closed its doors and it was too late to flag it down. Instead of waiting for another bus I decided to walk home. It only takes about 15 to 20 minutes anyway.

Why did I miss that bus? Why didn't the Universe let me catch it? Why isn't life perfect?

Aha, that's my answer!

Just because I didn't catch my bus doesn't mean life is not perfect. Just because I'm walking home doesn't mean life is not perfect. I'm still in Joy regardless of how things turned out. Now that's perfection.

Later my mother and I were watching television. As the Satellite wasn't receiving signals, we were watching the terrestrial channels. I reminded her that Boston Legal was coming on shortly, which she loves, but it was on Satellite. She switched back to Satellite but there was still a fault with the reception. At first it was difficult to follow the storyline because we kept losing the pictures and sound. Oh well, it doesn't matter, I'm in Joy anyway. After a while we were able to receive more images though they weren't perfect. I told mum that the faulty reception on the Satellite had given me an idea that I was going to write about. See Faulty Reception.

If I can be in Joy no matter what, I am experiencing perfection.

Enocia

Related articles: Faulty Reception; Consideration; Thought Impulses and Detachment; Only Love is Shared, Not Problems!; Staying Focused on the Mould